I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Talk on 177 Lutetium and relative scans

User
Posted 16 Nov 2022 at 14:26

I  recently came across this talk by a highly regarded Professor some of whose talks have been linked to previously  on the forum.  It is addressed to an American audience and there are a couple of aspects that would not apply to the UK. I think it throws some light on the treatment and scans that precede it and is well worth a view.  As usual you have to get past the preliminary accreditations.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwUJJP614f8

Barry
User
Posted 16 Nov 2022 at 14:26

I  recently came across this talk by a highly regarded Professor some of whose talks have been linked to previously  on the forum.  It is addressed to an American audience and there are a couple of aspects that would not apply to the UK. I think it throws some light on the treatment and scans that precede it and is well worth a view.  As usual you have to get past the preliminary accreditations.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwUJJP614f8

Barry
User
Posted 20 Nov 2022 at 17:17

Hi all

Sounds like encouraging news about L177,think it may be in the late stages of trials,the quicker they make available on the NHS the better,fingers crossed.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 17 Nov 2022 at 14:10

Good link there Barry I actually watched it all! I have been trying to follow lutetium and this video has been a great bit of education. Hopefully it will become available on the NHS.

User
Posted 17 Nov 2022 at 14:45

Barry , thanks for the link, I quite like the views of Kwon.

Thanks Chris 

Edited by member 17 Nov 2022 at 14:45  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 17 Nov 2022 at 19:29

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Thanks Chris 

Barry
User
Posted 17 Nov 2022 at 19:41

Thanks Chris 

Yes, I think he is well to the fore and many people on an American forum I am on hold him in high esteam.

I thought Lutinium was now available on restricted basis on NHS but anybody interesed should check this out

Barry
User
Posted 20 Nov 2022 at 15:55

Was told by doc. at Guys hospital last week that L177 will on present plans start to become available on NHS through hospital nuclear medicine departments from the first quarter of 2023.

Regards

Norm

User
Posted 20 Nov 2022 at 17:17

Hi all

Sounds like encouraging news about L177,think it may be in the late stages of trials,the quicker they make available on the NHS the better,fingers crossed.

User
Posted 23 Nov 2022 at 22:25

I found the following article about lutetium 177 and its not been made available. Why is it not cost-effective? NICE done the same with oplaparib in England and Wales. I couldn't find anything about it in Scotland as yet though

https://www.prostate-cancer-research.org.uk/nice-consults-on-decision-to-block-pluvicto/

User
Posted 24 Nov 2022 at 11:16

Sometimes the manufacturer reduces the price to the NHS at this stage which enables Nice to later recommend it's use.

It's just a waiting game until 2023!

Regards 

User
Posted 25 Nov 2022 at 14:41

I can't recall the page I read it on so no link but it states its been confirmed in scotland by the NICE board, which is hopefully going to be available for me as I live in Scotland. If I find the page again I'll post the link for it. If I get any further info I'll share that too.

User
Posted 25 Nov 2022 at 16:01

Slightly ironic assuming similar prices offered to Nice Scotland as to Nice England by the manufacturer that Nice Scotland concludes L177 is cost effective.Perhaps it messages figures differently! 

Might be worth  the English writing to their MPs and having a moan.

Regards