Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Urine control issues

User
Posted 16 Nov 2022 at 16:51

Hi

I had a radical prostatectomy on the 22nd September. 

Once the catheter was removed 10 days later, I was pretty much dry straight away, and didn’t need to wear a pad which I was really happy about. 

However, over the last few days, so 7/8 weeks after the surgery I’m noticing I am having small leaks every so often. Plus I’m often a bit “achy”’in the bladder. 

So, in essence, it’s getting worse. I’m doing my pelvic floor exercises, and I can’t really predict when these little leaks will take place. 

Has anyone else experienced this? As I was ok after the op, I didn’t really expect things to get worse 

Thanks 

User
Posted 16 Nov 2022 at 19:05

Sam,I was 99 percent dry 4 days after catheter removal. There are a lot of things are still settling down, at six weeks after catheter removal I was still passing a small amount of blood and bits of scabs etc. 

I was also getting urine infections and a camera into the bladder found the first hem o Lok clip in the bladder. In the following couple of years they found another three clips. It is supposedly quite rare but there a few if us on here who had the same problem.

Thanks Chris