I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Osteoporosis and no testosterone

User
Posted 24 Nov 2022 at 21:40

hi,gp sent a letter 3wks ago no reply yet to endocrinologist regarding treatment for osteoporosis and my testosterone not recovered, been reading about medication for  osteoporosis horror stories, the latest one is romosozumab which increases a heart attack or stroke, can't take bisohosphonate infusions because of hiatus hernia, this is all because of no testosterone, which I have repeatedly asked for, and after  reading jt posts and he's getting  on well with trt he's  Gleason 9 and  I'm Gleason 7,not good. 

User
Posted 25 Nov 2022 at 15:30

Any views anyone 

User
Posted 25 Nov 2022 at 15:43
Sounds like you need a referral. You need to kick up a stink at the Gaps..

Osteoporosis would probably be cured by testosterone as would all your other issues apart from the prostate cancer. You should be making the decision based on what you want not what some GP can be arsed to give you.
User
Posted 25 Nov 2022 at 17:31
Not reasonable to blame the GP in this way franci- if you bothered reading the back story, radar's GP referred him to endocrinology as appropriate. The endocrinologist consulted with radar's oncologist and decided that he could not have testosterone replacement. No GP is going to go against the decision of two consultants who have undertaken relevant tests and assessed the patient's needs.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 25 Nov 2022 at 19:39

Thanks, but it was urologist and endocrinologist, not oncologist, 

User
Posted 25 Nov 2022 at 21:08

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Thanks, but it was urologist and endocrinologist, not oncologist, 

Did they give you an explanation, other than the conventional view, that TRT could cause recurrence?

Jules

User
Posted 26 Nov 2022 at 10:24

Urologist said there maybe some sleeping cancer cells.