I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Recent scan results query

User
Posted 28 Nov 2022 at 18:22

Hi all, I haven't posted for a while but intermittently log on and follow threads from forum members which have been extremely helpful on our journey with advanced prostate cancer. My husband received results of his follow up CT and bone scan last week after completing six sessions of chemotherapy (DOXETAXEL) at the end of September'22.  His PSA was.  0.88 following his 5th chemo session mid September 22. original psa was 48.3 in FEBRUARY 2022. He was advised that he had a very good response to chemotherapy as the two lymph nodes in the pelvis and the left para aortic lymph node which measured1.2cms on his original CT in April had all shrunk. My husband was originally diagnosed in April 2022 with a Gleason score of 4+5=9, seminal vesicle infiltration, lymph node involvement as above and also a spot on the left supra pubic bone. My concern is that at last weeks appt. With clinical oncologist she advised us of a bone metastasis on the iliac crest which did not show up on his original scans in April22. The oncologist further stated that they discussed the appearance of this bony met on the latest CT scan  which she said is quite tiny even now and they felt that the general opinion was that it was more than likely present in April but was  so small didn't show up on scans. As my husband is going to receive radical   radiotherapy beginning January 2023 for. Oligo metatases my worry is the para aortic lymph nodes not receiving any radiotheraphy  because obviously it has shrunk and secondly it is classed as a distal met. the oncologist did say that they would treat if it became a problem down the line.  I am probable over thinking things but this is worrying me. appreciate any input from members please. REGARDS  ANN.

User
Posted 29 Nov 2022 at 15:32

Hi Ann.

Glad to hear that your oh has responded to the treatment he has received so far.

As far as I am aware there is no radiotherapy for abdominal nodes? I believe the idea behind RT to prostate is that the prostate acts as a shield and when this is taken down it allows other treatments to be more effective. Although I may be wrong.

Thanks

User
Posted 29 Nov 2022 at 18:21

Thanks GUR007 for your helpful reply, really appreciate it.

REGARDS Ann.

Q

User
Posted 29 Nov 2022 at 21:26

No problem Ann. I hope the treatment goes well. My father has a similar presentation to your oh. 

User
Posted 03 Dec 2022 at 02:40

Ann,

Not sure if I understand what you were saying but some of it resonated with me and my current dilemma. Consultant said it has not left the prostate but oncologist said, on the scans it hasn't but from my experience it probably has and so I suggest radiation of the whole pelvic area. However the consultant is advocating radiation of the prostate only. I am Gleason 8, PSA 10 and my intuition sides with the radiologist but I don't know what to do.