I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Feeling sick after completed chemotherapy treatment

User
Posted 29 Nov 2022 at 19:31

Hi, my hubby completed his cycle of chemotherapy sessions over a week ago. However on the odd day he has started to feel sick especially after drinking pomegranite juices. Interestingly enough he has never felt sick at all throughout the 6 sessions of his treatment.  We cant understand why suddenly he is having this reaction. Any comments would be very helpful.

Many thanks

Maud

User
Posted 30 Nov 2022 at 22:14
It is quite common - avoid the foods that seem to make it worse
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 30 Nov 2022 at 23:42

Cancer treatments are aimed at cells which divide quickly (cancer cells are almost defined as cells which divide quickly). Other cells which divide quickly are hair, and those in the digestive tract (it's not a nice place for a cell to be). So these cells are likely to suffer collateral damage from the treatment. After 4 to 6 weeks they will start to recover so hopefully he will start feeling better after that.

Dave

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 30 Nov 2022 at 22:14
It is quite common - avoid the foods that seem to make it worse
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 30 Nov 2022 at 23:42

Cancer treatments are aimed at cells which divide quickly (cancer cells are almost defined as cells which divide quickly). Other cells which divide quickly are hair, and those in the digestive tract (it's not a nice place for a cell to be). So these cells are likely to suffer collateral damage from the treatment. After 4 to 6 weeks they will start to recover so hopefully he will start feeling better after that.

Dave