Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Stubborn PSA

User
Posted 01 Dec 2022 at 10:21

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for anyone who can relate to having treatment and their PSA nadir never getting down into single figures. I haven't come across anyone yet?

It would be nice to be able to compare how they are progressing/progressed.

At present my aches and pains I put down to age and probably running around infrequently (about every 3rd day after our 3 year old grandson) rather than regularly. I try to go for a leisurely walk most days. Some days it doesn't seem a problem to walk a mile or two or even more. Other days the end of the road looks a long way off but just putting one foot in front of the other gets me there.

It is nice to read success stories on here but also important to try and stay realistic.

Hope to hear from someone similar.

Bernard

Hope for the best but expect the worst.

User
Posted 01 Dec 2022 at 12:33

Hi Benard

I also have APC spread to bones,I'm 3 months into enzalutamide and prostap 3 injections,I'm a bit younger than you but I did have symptoms similar to yours of having a spring in my step one day and can't be bothered on another.

It's not as bad now,hot flushes and sweats through the night now the normal niggles,aches and pains through the day but don't take any painkillers so can't complain with the condition I have.I began with a PSA of 2100 in march/april now at 0.478.

Hope this helps regards Phil 

User
Posted 01 Dec 2022 at 14:31
The number isn't so important - it is the stability of the PSA that matters. Someone could go down to 0.1 and then rise very quickly - to stick around 40 and see very little variation is far more reassuring
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 01 Dec 2022 at 14:33

Thanks Phil,

Sounds like you are doing well at present. Keep it up hopefully.

Bernard

User
Posted 01 Dec 2022 at 14:34

Thanks Lyn

Edited by member 01 Dec 2022 at 14:34  | Reason: Not specified

Bernard