I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

New plan: maintenance

User
Posted 02 Dec 2022 at 14:18

So after radiotherapy x37 in 2018, and docetaxel x6 this year, my PSA ain't going to go away.  Even after the chemo, it is stubbornly at 0.6.  A big improvement on 62 when I started in 2018 though.

There is a plan - you will die with prostate cancer, not of prostate cancer.  Prostap jabs and quarterly blood tests ad infinitum by the looks of it.

How did I get to this moderately happy place?  https://stewart124.wordpress.com/the-prostate-thing-29-let-the-chemo-end/ 

I am OK with this, I have an uncle who has been on a similar regime for about 25 years, and who is now into his nineties.  I'd settle for that.

User
Posted 02 Dec 2022 at 22:50

Glad you’re in a good place Stew. Really wish you the same success as your uncle.

Very best wishes 

User
Posted 02 Dec 2022 at 23:32
I don't think you should be concerned at all at the 0.6 readings - some men don't ever go below 1. The fact that it is holding steady is what matters - congrats
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Dec 2022 at 22:50

Glad you’re in a good place Stew. Really wish you the same success as your uncle.

Very best wishes 

User
Posted 02 Dec 2022 at 23:32
I don't think you should be concerned at all at the 0.6 readings - some men don't ever go below 1. The fact that it is holding steady is what matters - congrats
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard