I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Less visits to the toilet

User
Posted 02 Dec 2022 at 19:43

I was going to the toilet quite regularly through the day and night pre-diagnoses and HT for PCa but since I started HT 3 months ago I go less and perhaps once/twice through the night. I am TC2 M0 N0 - PSA was 12. Prostate 20cc. Is this because the prostate is shrinking a bit with the HT or is it just a coincidence? Hope this ain’t a stupid question. 

User
Posted 02 Dec 2022 at 23:30
Yes, it is the HT reducing the pressure on your bladder
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 Dec 2022 at 11:51

With only a 20cc prostate, the reason is more likely that shrinkage of the prostate tissue has widened the urethra through it so you're peeing faster, and more likely to be fully emptying each time now.

User
Posted 04 Dec 2022 at 08:40

Lucky you! I am still peeing 5 times a night

I finished zoladex 4 months ago but the effects are still with me

At least the hot flushes have stopped but if I do anything energetic I am a wreck for 2 days. I was T3b gleason 9 and had RT plus HT. So far so good!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Dec 2022 at 23:30
Yes, it is the HT reducing the pressure on your bladder
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 Dec 2022 at 11:51

With only a 20cc prostate, the reason is more likely that shrinkage of the prostate tissue has widened the urethra through it so you're peeing faster, and more likely to be fully emptying each time now.

User
Posted 04 Dec 2022 at 08:40

Lucky you! I am still peeing 5 times a night

I finished zoladex 4 months ago but the effects are still with me

At least the hot flushes have stopped but if I do anything energetic I am a wreck for 2 days. I was T3b gleason 9 and had RT plus HT. So far so good!