Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Gleason 8 3+5

User
Posted 03 Dec 2022 at 02:30

Hi 

I have a PSA of 10, Gleason8 3+5. 9 out of 16 cores were positive. Consultant, who I find unhelpful said T2b. Oncologist said no sir, T2c and overlaying my experience, it does not appear to have broken out but I suspect you have microscopic elements in your nodes and you are in fact T3a.

I am opting, for radiotherapy and because I am high grade I will be on hormones for two years. 

Can anyone with a similar diagnosis as mine share their experience. Also consultant said IMRT for prostate but oncologist said he would radiate the pelvis.

What the hell does all this mean?

Edited by member 03 Dec 2022 at 10:39  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Dec 2022 at 08:55

It means that they suspect that there is undetectable spread outside the prostate, and are proposing to irradiate the whole pelvic region to eliminate it. I had the same diagnosis back in 2018 and had "whole pelvis" RT. All very bearable and now approaching four years after I had my RT all seems to be fine.

Best wishes,

Chris

Edited by member 03 Dec 2022 at 08:59  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Dec 2022 at 09:29
Dear Chris

Thank you very much, but what exactly is the whole pelvis? Is it seminal vesicles and lymph nodes.

Gabriel9

User
Posted 03 Dec 2022 at 21:17

I would imagine so. I didn't ask my oncologist exactly what was being irradiated!

Best wishes,

Chris