I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Leuprorelin: side effects

User
Posted 09 Dec 2022 at 14:43

I was local advanced PC, 3c. I had Brachytherapy but the PC came back after about four years, most of which time I was on Zoladex. I am back to PC advanced, still not metastasized .... does this make me lucky?. They have put me on Leuprorelin: PSA down to 0.2. They say it's the same as the Zoladex. Fatigue/depression hits every day around 4pm, some insomnia and nightmares. Anybody else with local advanced, happy to chat. Thanks.

Otto

User
Posted 10 Dec 2022 at 09:46

Hi, This is me replying to me.  I suppose what I am really panicking about is not so much the drug side effects as what are my chances  to suddenly go from local advanced 3c to metastatic 4. Or in other words how effective the drug is. I want to be able to tell myself and partner: "don't panic you can be local advanced for years".  My partner is also not too well and we want to be sensible and plan ahead if at all possible. 

Thanks and cheers,

Otto

User
Posted 10 Dec 2022 at 14:37
They will monitor your PSA carefully - if the PSA drops or stays fairly constant, the drug is starving the cancer which will prevent it from spreading. If it rises, they will know the drug isn't working and hopefully, change treatment before it gets to move around.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 11 Dec 2022 at 09:44

Dear Lyn,

Thanks for the very clear reply. I love the quotation.

Cheers,

Otto 

User
Posted 21 May 2023 at 16:45

Hello me and Lyn

They said that if the PSA goes above 2 they will probably do a scan. I don't know why but I am not optimistic. I have bad back pain and just feel very lethargic. I know that 2 is low-ish, the trouble is it is rising. I am right on the tipping point 3b/3c. One more rise and it may be bad news. Maybe there is a local severe out there that can help me stop my panicking.

Otto   

User
Posted 13 Jun 2023 at 16:14

Hi,

Tomorrow I will get the call with the PSA results. As I said, if it goes above 2  I guess they will do a scan. I am obviously very scared that it has metastasized, I am already local severe. I feel as if I am on a cliff edge. The research is all a bit unclear and uncertain. Of course my heart really goes out to all those for whom it has already spread. I hope that what happens to me may help someone else, and I will need this wonderful site more than ever. 

Cheers, Otto