I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Problems after having prostate removed

User
Posted 11 Dec 2022 at 10:04

I had my prostate removed 10 weeks ago after being diagnosed with prostate cancer, I am 51 with a strong family history. I lost my Dad who was 54 and grandfather who was 70 to prostate cancer. 

Since having my prostate removed everytime I have a sip of alcohol I feel an urgency to have a wee , and when I try to go nothing comes out a bit like cystitis. 

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Does it get better?

Thanks Steve

User
Posted 11 Dec 2022 at 13:46

Still early days yet Steve. Alcohol affects us all in different ways but it is a known irritant of the bladder and it appears that may be your problem since it seems you do not really need to empty it. If this really is happening only when you drink alcohol, then either avoid it for a time  or have a glass of water with it in order to dilute the alcohol by the time it hits your bladder. That may help. If it happens at other times as well, then you may have an infection.

I am now 13 months post op and can still react adversely to certain drinks but I have learned what I can and what I cannot tolerate.

Life will never be quite the same as it was, but its pretty good, all things considered!

Peter

Edited by member 11 Dec 2022 at 13:49  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 11 Dec 2022 at 15:52

Post op 12 weeks. Although I was continent after six weeks I still lay off alcohol and tea and coffee. All these make me 'feel' like I need to go when in fact I don't.