I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Nerve sparing ......unilateral

User
Posted 19 Dec 2022 at 16:00

Had my histology results a couple of  weeks back can someone please explain what the nerve sparing side means tried googling but no joy I was told it would be partial nerve sparing. 

Nerve sparing....unilateral 

Nerve sparing right....extra

Nerve sparing left.....intra high release

Thanks

User
Posted 19 Dec 2022 at 17:36
No idea!
User
Posted 19 Dec 2022 at 19:48

Biggyrab , unilateral means one side.

Intra is presumably short for intrafascial,Google intrafascial prostate it brings up a few articles no idea what they are taking about, but I know a few people on here who will. Watch spell check doesn't correct intra to inter.

I could guess at extra and be wrong.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 20 Dec 2022 at 10:47

Cheers for the reply Chris, had a long Google last night and found a few interesting reads, but to be honest I need it explained in layman's terms .

I had to take a photo of my histology results at my local hospital on my last appointment. 

When uclh contacted me for my 30mins telephone appointment with my results the professor literally finished his conversation in 5mins and I didn't even have a chance to ask questions 

User
Posted 21 Dec 2022 at 11:07

UCLH have a monthly support group meeting on Zoom, with CNSs present, so you could try asking on there. If they don't know they'll contact the surgeon to find out.

Thu  12 Jan 12:30

UCLH Prostate Cancer Support Group on Zoom
To attend, please call UCLH Macmillan Support Centre on 0203 447 8663 or email uclh.supportandinformation@nhs.net