I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

No Incontinence

User
Posted 20 Dec 2022 at 08:22

A month after key hole surgery and on day 5 after removal of catheter removal I have been thankfully clear of any incontinence issues. Is it possible they develop over time or am I likely to be lucky? 

User
Posted 20 Dec 2022 at 10:24

GRRW3, I was 99 percent dry 4 days after catheter removal. I wore a pad as insurance for a long time ,just in case. Eventually I stopped using pads and everything was fine until I needed surgery on a urethral stricture.

Hopefully you will be fine but it is often said we should keep doing " some" PFEs, how many "some" is will depend on the individual's circumstances. 

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 20 Dec 2022 at 11:06
You should be ok now.. my surgeon told me it can get worse with "significant age" so I guess the PFEs are worth keeping up...
User
Posted 24 Dec 2022 at 19:34
I was dry quite early after having my catheter removed, but kept wearing pads as an insurance for about four weeks until I took the plunge of going without.

What helped me was cutting out caffeine and alcohol, and making sure I kept to schedule with PFEs.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 Dec 2022 at 10:24

GRRW3, I was 99 percent dry 4 days after catheter removal. I wore a pad as insurance for a long time ,just in case. Eventually I stopped using pads and everything was fine until I needed surgery on a urethral stricture.

Hopefully you will be fine but it is often said we should keep doing " some" PFEs, how many "some" is will depend on the individual's circumstances. 

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 20 Dec 2022 at 11:06
You should be ok now.. my surgeon told me it can get worse with "significant age" so I guess the PFEs are worth keeping up...
User
Posted 24 Dec 2022 at 19:34
I was dry quite early after having my catheter removed, but kept wearing pads as an insurance for about four weeks until I took the plunge of going without.

What helped me was cutting out caffeine and alcohol, and making sure I kept to schedule with PFEs.