I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Possible Insurance

User
Posted 29 Dec 2022 at 18:00

Hello folks,  I am now on low dose Dexamethasone until April, when PSA will be checked again.  Hoping to be ok and possibly then be fast tracked for lutetium 177.

In the meantime, we have not been on holiday since 2019 and desperate for some sun and worried that not only will I be able to go abroad if things get worse and if I leave it, I won't get insurance. We would like to plan for March while still just taking the Dexamethasone.  Can anyone advise on this, recommend insurance companies etc., 

Also would I need to ask Consultant for a letter.  Any info please would be appreciated.

Barrie and Jeannie

User
Posted 29 Dec 2022 at 19:34
Try “Insurewith”. They will speak to you personally and offer an individual quote rather than it being a computer thing.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 29 Dec 2022 at 20:05
As above ‘ insurancewith.co.uk ‘

I spent months trying to get insurance at a better level of health than yourself. But they came through in the end.

And good luck 👍

User
Posted 29 Dec 2022 at 20:23
I'm insured through a bank account. which is £9 a month for the account with other benefits. They just recently changed the contract to Allianz. I declared high blood pressure for both my wife and i and Pca details (in remission) and self catherterisation for me. No extra cost. Not the same situation as you but worth a try.

Good luck

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 30 Dec 2022 at 01:08
You have to be careful with Bank Account included Insurance because some will exclude cover after a certain age. This happened to me..
Barry
User
Posted 30 Dec 2022 at 15:05

You can get a list of companies which will offer cover to people who have serious medical conditions on the money helper website. Here is the link.

User
Posted 31 Dec 2022 at 09:06

Hi

Bank account was a no go for me as soon as I told them I had APC,All Clear was one of the few companies that would insure me cost just over £1000 thats for the year to travel/fly/cruise anywhere in Europe.

User
Posted 31 Dec 2022 at 13:02
I got an excellent price on an annual policy with AllClear. They spoke to me for a long time (20m or so) on the phone and found out exactly what conditions I'd been treated for (prostate cancer, kidney cancer, and an aneurysm) and then gave me a good price for a policy (about £40) because I'd been successfully treated for all the conditions and hence in their eyes was no longer a cancer patient.

On any "normal" insurance site if you click the box that says "Have you been treated for cancer in the last five years?" it's an automatic rejection or a price so high that insurance will cost more than the holiday.

Anyway, I'm off to Egypt on 9th January for some sun and ancient history 😁.

Chris

User
Posted 31 Dec 2022 at 18:11

Thanks for the link.

User
Posted 31 Dec 2022 at 18:19

APC?  so many abbreviations on this site, never know what anyone is talking about.

Also, with being hard of hearing I can't talk through things on the telephone to insurance companies.  Plus, I don't understand all the jargon of what I have etc., 

Edited by member 31 Dec 2022 at 18:20  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 31 Dec 2022 at 18:28
APC is advanced prostate cancer hence incurable. A lot of companies don’t want to touch you thinking you are at deaths door , when in reality you can be fit and healthy and well for many years. At first insurancewith wouldn’t deal with me until I explained the meds and low psa etc. Eventually it seemed to get through to them and they insured me very reasonably for Europe cruises
User
Posted 31 Dec 2022 at 19:05

Thank you Chris, we will try insure with, to ease explaining all the jargon, do you think they will accept full statement letter from consultant?

Thanks again 

User
Posted 01 Jan 2023 at 10:17

Hi

All clear did not ask for or need medical documents for my advanced prostrate cancer.

Regards Phil 

User
Posted 01 Jan 2023 at 12:37
I wasn't asked for any documentary evidence either, but that would, presumably, be required in the event of a claim. If you'd provided false information your insurance would be invalid.

Chris

User
Posted 01 Jan 2023 at 12:42
Barrie, they won't use any "jargon" when you phone them. They'll speak to you in everyday English and just ask you what your diagnosis was, what treatment you've had and are now having, and where things currently stand. All very friendly. They don't expect you to be a medical expert.

Get it sorted and have a good holiday!

Chris

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 18:38

`Hi, we thought we would go through All-Clear for an on-line single trip quote - but stumped straightaway, as we do not have dates for going away at the moment, we just need to know price for insurance before finding a little holiday.   Phoning is not an option due to deafness. Real frustrating.

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 22:02

Hi

I've gone with all clear as an example I was quoted just over £600 for 1 week in Spain,but had flying and Cruising in Europe on a yearly policy for just over £1000 have already booked lanzorote in March going to see our son in Sweden in April and looking at cruise in June.

Regards Phil