Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Free Stuff

User
Posted 07 Jan 2023 at 18:59

Hi All

I hope this is allowed on here, not selling anything, giving it away. I have a bunch of left over stuff from my surgery a year ago, free to a good home if you pay the postage. It is all unused, still in original packaging, though some of the boxes have been opened. Seems a shame to bin it.

3 boxes x10 Tena pads level 2 (1 box opened)

1 pack Tena pants level 4

2 boxes x30 Movicol plain (1 box opened)

Uriplan Starter Pack SP5LND - leg bag, 5x bed bags, & straps

Uristand floor stand for bed bag

Additional leg bag and bed bag

Misc leg straps, wet wipes, barrier cream etc.

Not sure how to exchange details if you're interested, as we're meant to stay anonymous on here, suggestions welcome

Cheers, Ben

User
Posted 08 Jan 2023 at 16:02

A lot is hospitals etc will not accept returned items even if brand new. I you were to put where you live in your profile (so it's not in the public domain), you may find someone local to you who us in need of the pads.  There are probably only a few of us on here who need additional catheter  equipment.  You could try the district or community nurses to see if they can make use of the equipment, but you may not get past the front desk.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 08 Jan 2023 at 16:17
Thanks Chris, profile updated
User
Posted 08 Jan 2023 at 20:33

You could see if your local continence team might make use of it.

I had a couple of boxes of pads, etc, left over (all in sealed packaging) and they agreed to take them back to reallocate to others in need, asking that I leave them with the reception in the GP surgery they share a building with.

My only problem was convincing the GP Surgery receptionist that it had all been agreed. She was insisting that I couldn’t drop them off, only relenting when I suggested she pick the phone up and talk to the continence nurse.

User
Posted 08 Jan 2023 at 20:38

I had boxes of female pants left over after my mother passed away.

I tried giving them to the continence service and they couldn't take any products back due to COVID, even though the outside boxes were still sealed.

They sat around at home for ages, and eventually got shipped off to Ukraine when they were in need of continence products.