I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pi Rads

User
Posted 12 Jan 2023 at 14:03

Hi hope everyone is as well as can be expected.. thanku all for your answers the last time..was just wondering if you can shed any light on another question please.. so hubby got his biopsy on the 28th december..have to wait until end of January for results..spoke with his gp this morning about another matter and then was able to find out that his mri pi rads came back as a 4..hopefully im saying this all right.. What does this mean please.

Michael still extremely tired ..constant nose bleeds and pain in testicles and groin area

Any advice would be greatly appreciated x

User
Posted 12 Jan 2023 at 15:59
This might help I’m also PIRADS-4, clinically significant cancer likely to be present,

https://radiologyassistant.nl/abdomen/prostate/prostate-cancer-pi-rads-v2

I had a biopsy and am awaiting the results as your husband is, the only way to know more is to wait until the biopsy results are available. This will still be only an analysis of the samples they have taken and not a 100% result.
User
Posted 12 Jan 2023 at 19:12
When I first started this journey, I downloaded the PC UK fact sheet ‘How Prostate Cancer is Diagnosed’ it goes through the elements of diagnosis and discusses Pi-RADS scores and a many other topics of concern. I also ordered the PC UK ‘KIT’ which is a series of fact sheets covering diagnosis through to treatments, I can really recommend getting this kit.
User
Posted 12 Jan 2023 at 20:32

Agreed EB the toolkit is excellent  however you can access most of it through this site 

I feel until biopsy results are through it is not worth stressing too much