I had a PSA test in June 22 which came in at 9.5.
July 22 had an MRI scan showing a 25mm lesion, PI-RADS 5
October 22 - TP biopsy
Nov 22 - Post biopsy consultation where I was told that as well as the above the other scores were T3aN0, M to be determined by bone scan which took place in Dec 22 and came back as no spread so T3aN0M0. Currently waiting for a PET-CT scan which will take place next Wednesday 25th Jan 23.
A couple of questions if I may:
I have been reading the forums for a while now and feel that the time from the PSA test in June 22 until now is not normal. Am I correct in thinking this and with the diagnosis/scores so far should I be worried that things have not moved a lot quicker? The consultant at the post biopsy meeting told me that because of the location of the lesion I would be looking at some kind of treatment so RT or RP I expect.
Has anyone had any experience of RARP at the University hospital of Wales in Cardiff as I am sure that if I go for RP this is where it will be done.
If RT makes it difficult for salvage treatment surgery if PSA starts to rise again, and I am sure that I have read that 30% of patients will have a rising PSA some time after RT, why would anyone choose RT over RP? Is it down to age and at 59 would RP be the preferred option?
I currently have no symptoms whatsoever and a huge part of me wishes that I had never asked for a PSA test. My mind, as is the case for a lot of people here from what I have read, is all over the place at the moment. After the PET scan next week I have booked a short break to Tenerife and when I get back I guess there will be a big decision to be made.
Sorry for all the questions that I am sure have been asked before.
Best wishes and good luck to all.