I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Urination with orgasm

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 00:14

Can anyone shed any light on how to reduce urination when coming to orgasm after rp op.

I'm 4 years in now and find the urinating ruining the orgasm?

Thanks 

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 21:51

This isn't that uncommon. Although it happens to some on arousal or other stages.  Emptying your bladder often doesn't stop it.  I've never read anyone saying they stopped it although not many talk about or find it too disturbing it appears.  It happens on and off to me. Usually unexpectedly on initial arousal only, and has got much less with time.  I can only suggest asking a GP or Urologist.

Edited by member 23 Jan 2023 at 21:52  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 22:16

Thanks. My consultant said orgasm puts a lot of pressure on the bladder valve and that was it!!

I am interested to know whether anyone has similar and if it gets "better" after time or not.  I'm out of relationship unfortunately, so the thought of covering someone new in urine etc is quite debililitating!!

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 22:53
I was more or less completely dry 3 months after catheter removal. Initial arousal caused leakage and some certain positions , but not on orgasm. It tapered off to nothing over a couple of years. Strangely enough I can still leak on yawning , but not when sneezing. All strange.
I think it will improve over time. We are all different
User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 23:15

The pressure theory might be right in your case and if so you might think Kegels would strengthen it.   

In my case it's like the nerves have healed to the wrong bit.  You don't realise how often you're initially aroused until you have a damp leg warning system.  Thankfully it rarely happens now, whether through time or age or both.

Sorry I can't advise on whether time will make it better or any real fixes, except Kegels possibly.

Edited by member 23 Jan 2023 at 23:23  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 21:09

Andy, I assume you have already tried emptying the bladder before engaging in sexual activity. You don't say what if any aids you are using, A durex pleasure ring may reduce the leaking or a pump constriction ring.

If you are leaking a lot going to empty the bladder mid activity may not be ideal but may be an necessity.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 21:36

Thanks Chris. I do empty but has to be immediately before any activity which is rarely conducive!! I just find it destroys any chance of normality and hence easier not to bother!

A

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 21:51

This isn't that uncommon. Although it happens to some on arousal or other stages.  Emptying your bladder often doesn't stop it.  I've never read anyone saying they stopped it although not many talk about or find it too disturbing it appears.  It happens on and off to me. Usually unexpectedly on initial arousal only, and has got much less with time.  I can only suggest asking a GP or Urologist.

Edited by member 23 Jan 2023 at 21:52  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 22:16

Thanks. My consultant said orgasm puts a lot of pressure on the bladder valve and that was it!!

I am interested to know whether anyone has similar and if it gets "better" after time or not.  I'm out of relationship unfortunately, so the thought of covering someone new in urine etc is quite debililitating!!

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 22:53
I was more or less completely dry 3 months after catheter removal. Initial arousal caused leakage and some certain positions , but not on orgasm. It tapered off to nothing over a couple of years. Strangely enough I can still leak on yawning , but not when sneezing. All strange.
I think it will improve over time. We are all different
User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 23:15

The pressure theory might be right in your case and if so you might think Kegels would strengthen it.   

In my case it's like the nerves have healed to the wrong bit.  You don't realise how often you're initially aroused until you have a damp leg warning system.  Thankfully it rarely happens now, whether through time or age or both.

Sorry I can't advise on whether time will make it better or any real fixes, except Kegels possibly.

Edited by member 23 Jan 2023 at 23:23  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 23:31
Definitely gets better over time. 7 years on I am pretty bomb proof.

Practice lots on your own and work out what makes it better / worse.

Rings will help too as already mentioned.

When I was "leaky" can't say I had any complaints either so it may be we worry too much about it.