Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Incontinence management with Emsella chair treatment

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 09:45

Hi,

I am three weeks post op Robotic prostectomy. Facing incontinent issues (moderate to heavy in the day time, 3-4 pads). Is there any one tried "Emsella chair" treatment for managing incontinence (FDA approved Emsella device uses HIFEM technology to enable over 11,000 supramaximal pelvic floor muscle contractions to re-educate the muscles). I am doing PFE regulary, but I do not see any progress (too early to see the results?).  Thanks in advance.

Edited by member 23 Jan 2023 at 10:13  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 13:42

Dub20, I would say a bit too early for any other intervention, you are still healing. I was passing bits of scabs etc at least six weeks after surgery. Are you doing the PFEs correctly, perhaps an appointment with an expert may help. 

I googled the product, not seen it before.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 18:55

It is very early days for you and you are still healing. Never heard of Emsella Chair. I was eventually prescribed Oxybutynin which was very helpful.

Keep going you will get there.( My RP was March 2015.)
Very Best
Gary

Edited by member 23 Jan 2023 at 19:10  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 19:16

Hi Dub. At that stage I was also probably on 3 Tena2 pads per day.  Probably also feeling a bit despondent as there seemed to be little progress initially. Hopefully you should gradually start to see a difference in the coming weeks. I did book some sessions with a private physio who showed me a series of movements to do whilst performing the pelvic contractions. I think it helped. Six months post surgery I was just about continent. I used a pad when going out on long walks or strenuous exercise but the rest of the time I could get by without one. Unfortunately salvage radiotherapy put that in a downward spiral but it is now recovering again. You just need to give it time at the moment.

User
Posted 24 Jan 2023 at 13:28

Thank you all for your advice and support. I contacted my nurse and she told me it is too early to find results due to PFM exercise. She asked me to continue exercise and monitor the incontinence. She discouraged me to see any incontinence treatement as  of now since it is just three weeks post op. A lot of healing needs to happen!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 13:42

Dub20, I would say a bit too early for any other intervention, you are still healing. I was passing bits of scabs etc at least six weeks after surgery. Are you doing the PFEs correctly, perhaps an appointment with an expert may help. 

I googled the product, not seen it before.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 18:55

It is very early days for you and you are still healing. Never heard of Emsella Chair. I was eventually prescribed Oxybutynin which was very helpful.

Keep going you will get there.( My RP was March 2015.)
Very Best
Gary

Edited by member 23 Jan 2023 at 19:10  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 19:16

Hi Dub. At that stage I was also probably on 3 Tena2 pads per day.  Probably also feeling a bit despondent as there seemed to be little progress initially. Hopefully you should gradually start to see a difference in the coming weeks. I did book some sessions with a private physio who showed me a series of movements to do whilst performing the pelvic contractions. I think it helped. Six months post surgery I was just about continent. I used a pad when going out on long walks or strenuous exercise but the rest of the time I could get by without one. Unfortunately salvage radiotherapy put that in a downward spiral but it is now recovering again. You just need to give it time at the moment.

User
Posted 24 Jan 2023 at 13:28

Thank you all for your advice and support. I contacted my nurse and she told me it is too early to find results due to PFM exercise. She asked me to continue exercise and monitor the incontinence. She discouraged me to see any incontinence treatement as  of now since it is just three weeks post op. A lot of healing needs to happen!

User
Posted 20 Oct 2023 at 15:17

How are you doing now ?  9 months later ??  Did you ever get to use the chair ?  I think it is about £200 a session and need 6 sessions.  

User
Posted 20 Oct 2023 at 15:17
User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 01:52

Emsella just one session made my life a nightmare

Multiple muscle tears, pain, inflation pelvic floor muscles, hamstrings, Adductors, buttocks, abdomen, groin caused destruction and was horribly painful. 

Just trust in nature and do not trust adverts. All the advert promises are not supported. The treatment was harmful to my muscles and I wanted just to improve weakness

It made my life a wreck.

Edited by member 05 Jan 2024 at 01:52  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 02:09

What symptoms did you have that made you try the chair?