I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

creatine and prostate cancer

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 14:27

is it ok to use creatine monohydrate with p/c,because I have recently been diagnosed with osteoporosis and that creatine is good for the bones, any help please. 

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 15:40

You shouldn't take any supplements without checking with your doctor or pharmacist. Creatine isn't risky for men with advanced prostate cancer; there have been proper clinical trials. But there may be a reason why you shouldn't have it with some of your other treatments - perhaps best to give the zoledronic acid time to work first? 

Edited by member 23 Jan 2023 at 15:42  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 16:47
Lyn thanks, haven't started zoledronic acid infusion yet, I am having dental work first, got an appointment with endocrine team on 7th Feb to see whats what, either zoledronic/denosumab
User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 16:58
Okay, will you ask them about creatine when you are there?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 19:33
I will ask about everything, I had an appointment with gp last week, I asked about bat therapy but no,the testosterone wouldn't help with bone loss, I also had a chest x-ray with been a bit breathless when I go for my daily walk, that came back ok..