I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Complete Prostrate Removal options after PSA results are slowly increasing.

User
Posted 25 Jan 2023 at 10:26

I have received a prostatectomy. This has been followed on with a course of three treatments of Stereotactic radiotherapy. My PSA level has start to slowly rise. I have another PSA test end of the month. I wonder which treatment I should consider. When cancer is confirmed?

Thank you for reading and any advice to consider would be greatful.

User
Posted 25 Jan 2023 at 17:55
Hi JTB3,

Unfortunately, you have not detailed your diagnosis, where the RT was directed, your histology including dates and actual PSA levels. The answer to your question in any case is not what you should consider but what your Oncologist feels is appropriate in your individual case and any other alternative options.

Barry
User
Posted 02 Feb 2023 at 16:59
Hi Barry,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. My Oncologist gave me the choice of treatment either RT on the one location found in the pelvis or chemotherapy.

User
Posted 02 Feb 2023 at 17:47
Are you on hormone therapy or, if not at the moment, is the oncologist suggesting HT alongside the RT blast or the chemo?

If you were my dad, I would want to ask why you can't have both the RT and the chemo.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard