I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

6th Lutetium 177 waiting scan results

User
Posted 25 Jan 2023 at 12:07

My husband had his 6th Lu 177 17th December, social distancing until 23rd December, usual fatigue gave an increase in Dexamethasone to help with this over Christmas, dry mouth, but just been to dentist so OK, Hb 109, low, and that PSA 1.4 so that was good news

Had PSMA PET Scan yesterday 24th January, phone appointment with consultant on the 26th January with results, keeping all fingers crossed as last Scan said good but partial result, mets had reduced.

Surprisingly has been provisionally booked in for a 7th treatment on the 9th February, a little concerned about this, as thought his body and mind needs a rest, been having this treatment since March 2022.

Although he doesn’t stay overnight after having treatment, it’s a long day 3/4 hours journey each way and 3hours for the Lu treatment and then the following fatigue etc. Also it’s the build up before going, the anxiety and stress of waiting for the results.

Diagnosed in 2008 it’s been a long journey and more or less told by our local oncologist  when we last saw him  beginning of 2022, that 5 years is what was predicted on diagnosis, and that would have been the outcome if we hadn’t be proactive in researching, Abiraterone after chemo gave good 6 years at the time had to have chemo before eligible for Abiraterone, unfortunately became toxic to the Liver and told not eligible for Enzalutamide, which does not affect the Liver, best wishes for 2923/to all Prostate Cancer sufferers Jan & Tony

User
Posted 25 Jan 2023 at 22:32
Sounds like he has done very well considering! Best of luck going forward !

Rgds,

Nick

User
Posted 25 Jan 2023 at 22:54
Hi Jan, I think that is a conversation for the onco on 26th January - if the scan is good news, the PSA is low and side effects are bearable, the onco might persuade you that it is worth one more round. If scan shows new mets, the PSA is rising or symptoms indicate that the cancer is progressing, then Lut177 may have done its job and quality of life now becomes more important?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard