I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

when to have PSMA PET Scan

User
Posted 27 Jan 2023 at 20:14

HI I have had prosate removed then reoccurence then RT. PSa rising  and now. 0.25.  When should I have a PSMA Scan please?

User
Posted 27 Jan 2023 at 23:12

N, our hospital will scan at a PSA of 0.3. we have both ends of the scale on here 0.023 that detected something and 200 that detected nothing.

My scan last year at 1.4 picked up a hotspot in a pelvic lymph node. I had five sessions of SABR treatment in August last year but so far the PSA is still rising, and the next test is in two months followed by another scan and treatment on upto 3 or 5 areas depending on which route I pick.

A few years ago the next step for me  would have been HT but probably not until the PSA was ,2 4,8 or even 10. I don't want HT.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 27 Jan 2023 at 23:58
It isn't just when to have a PSMA scan - it is also:-

- is PSMA available at your hospital

- is PSMA the right one for you or should you have an axumin or choline PET scan instead

- based on the histology of the RP, is a scan actually necessary or is it really obvious where the active cells are going to be

- if you have a PSMA / axumin / choline scan and it picks something up (that isn't in the prostate bed), is the hospital going to be prepared to consider SABR or similar?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard