Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

HT and orgasms

User
Posted 28 Jan 2023 at 16:22

Hi all

I started HT in tablet form a month ago and had my first Prostap injection on the 13th Jan.

Today in the interest of penile health (honest) I masturbated and had a completely dry orgasm. Now I have read about this on the forum but I assumed it was mainly due to prostate removal, is this a normal side effect of HT?

Thanks in anticipation 

N

User
Posted 28 Jan 2023 at 21:24

Yes I think so. For a while after starting HT I was able to have a dry orgasm…but after 7 months nothing.

I do however have great sensations with caressing in the right places….a very pleasant ache but no climax, Still very enjoyable though. Maybe one day it WILL happen.

User
Posted 28 Jan 2023 at 21:29

Hey Decho 

hope you are doing well?

thanks for post. I was a bit shocked.  But on a positive note no clean up required 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by member 28 Jan 2023 at 21:30  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 28 Jan 2023 at 21:45

Hi Nigel,

yes, doing fine thanks. Got a date for my MRI scan on 14th Feb and then the Onco on 24th. Was going to have a trip out to our place in Fuerteventura on Monday but Spanish ATCs on strike again.

I had a long chat with my brother who is a surgeon down in Cumbria. He had spoken to a Urologist he knows and has said that he thinks with my staging that 20 sessions is the right treatment for me, so quite reassured. I just wish my Oncologist was a bit more communicative, my CNS emailed him on Monday but so far no response.

I just want to get on with it now.

I hope you are doing as well as can be expected on this HT and that Hot flushes are not too bad. Mine are much more manageable now, still get them but not so often and less severe. I did have some joint aches this week but did a lot of walking and they seemed to have eased. I think I am finding that side effects seem to be worse for a couple of weeks after each injection, will be interested to hear if you find the same.

Take care,

Derek

User
Posted 28 Jan 2023 at 22:08

Derek, 

I am glad you are doing okay.

it is odd how different hospitals work in a what seems   a bizarre

sequence 

I don’t seem to have any side effects just now but expect they will kick in soon. Is your scan the pre RT san? Where are you hav8the RT treatment

N

User
Posted 28 Jan 2023 at 23:31

SNAP!

Nothing to see here! 🤣🤔🤣

User
Posted 29 Jan 2023 at 07:52

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

it is odd how different hospitals work in a what seems   a bizarre

sequence 

I don’t seem to have any side effects just now but expect they will kick in soon. Is your scan the pre RT san? Where are you hav8the RT treatment

Nigel,

Early days yet for side effects but some people have few if any and others have them bad. I’ve not been bothered with fatigue much which I’m grateful for, but I do try and stay active and go out and about as much as possible, and think this helps.

no, it’s not the pre RT CT Planning scan, I had that back in December and should have started 39 sessions of RT 2 weeks ago, but twice been postponed because the Onco wasn’t happy that too much radiation was going to the rectum. I’m glad he checked! Apparently some peoples organs are just in the wrong place for whole pelvic treatment,I really don’t understand why but there we go!

He now wants me to have an MRI scan to check how much the prostate and cancer has shrunk(and I also suspect maybe to check that there is still no spread to the lymph nodes even though he didn’t mention this). I think then it will probably be 20 sessions targeting only the prostate and Seminal Vesicles.

Im having my RT at the Western General in Edinburgh.

This Cancer journey has more ups and downs than a snakes and ladders board!

Derek

Edited by member 29 Jan 2023 at 07:53  | Reason: Not specified