I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

IBS After Prostap Injection?

User
Posted 30 Jan 2023 at 14:20

Following my third Prostap injection I have developed symptoms similar to IBS. I’m not normally troubled by this although a few years ago I did have some inflammation of the bowel that sorted itself out after a while.

my symptoms are cramping in the abdomen and also difficulty in passing stools. Buscopan did nothing but Colorfac seems to help. I am wondering if  this could be related to the Prostap Injection or maybe related to the stress of having my treatment postponed twice 

I found the third injection the most uncomfortable with tenderness for over a week and then these symptoms appeared…coincidence?

Anyone else experienced this?

User
Posted 30 Jan 2023 at 17:31

Hi Decho, I can’t comment on the IBS as I already had that before treatment. I can say that I found I got a painful raised lump quite a lot after PROSTAP 3 injections which lasted at least 5 days. This happened despite varying the injection site. 

Ido4

User
Posted 30 Jan 2023 at 22:47
Hi Dech ..... Been having Prostrap 3 injections for 2 years now and never had any issues with the bowel.....those all came with the RT I'm afraid (now got radiation proctopathy .... bleeding when passing stools basically, not painful but irritating...!). I do get a bit tender/minor pain for a few days post injection ..... fortunately only 3 more to go now.

Cheers,

Nick