I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Not suitable for whole Pelvic Radiotherapy

User
Posted 01 Feb 2023 at 08:16

I’ve been told from my Onco that despite having 2 attempts to come up with a treatment plan for 39 sessions of radiotherapy, they have failed to find a solution that would not risk too much damage to other organs such as the bowel and rectum. So I now have to go for another MRI scan and then see the Onco again with a view to having 20 sessions treating only the Prostate and Seminal Vesicles. I am T3bN0M0.

I am trying to understand why some men ARE suitable for this treatment and others are not?  Has anyone else on here been in the same situation? Is it just down to the position of your organs?

Im not sure whether the Onco just thinks the risk of side effects of this treatment outweigh the risks of undetected spread, or whether it’s just too risky no matter what….but I’ll be having this conversation with him at the appointment.

Derek

User
Posted 01 Feb 2023 at 18:47
Not in same position as you but I was T3bn0m0 with slight spread to seminals. My treatment was 37 sessions of RT to prostate and pelvic area (reduced strength RT to pelvis area). There was never any discussion about high risk damage to bowel etc. I clearly suffered side effects to bowel but they were 'temporary and expected' tho a bit unwelcome. So, sorry can't really comment on that criteria are used probably like a lot of things depends on the individual. Hopefully you can get the explanation at the appt.
Peter
User
Posted 01 Feb 2023 at 20:02

HeyDecho

i am so sorry you must be so worried and frustrated.

I don’t have anything to offer as far as advice is concerned as I am a couple of months behind you but sending my best wishes

N