I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Getting anxious.

User
Posted 24 Feb 2023 at 11:31

Hi all. I was diagnosed last November, Gleason 3-4 T-2 1 positive core from 25, and PSA of 9 on diagnosis. Had a meeting with Urologist surgeon at Victoria  hospital Kirkcaldy mid December who explained his side of treatment. I mentioned that I would like a meeting with Oncologist to get the radiation side of things which he fully agreed with. He also offered A/S which I thought surprising in relation to my Gleason score. He also arranged for a bone scan and CT scan which both came back clear thankfully. My CNS called me with the results of scans mid January, and during that conversation she said that she would contact the Oncologist to get a meeting but stressed it may not be until beginning of April. I've since had another PSA which has went up to 11.1. I'm getting a wee bit anxious that this waiting is a bit too long ( everything goes through tour head ) Any other members with similar concerns on waiting times? Kind regards 

User
Posted 24 Feb 2023 at 18:16

Hi FifeFella,

I too am from from Fife and you can see my journey at My Journey Through HT and RT,
I would certainly advise a meeting with Oncologist before making a decision.You have more options open to you than me because of my staging T3BN0M0. Yes there can be delays in seeing the Oncologist at the Western General (can’t mention names on here), perhaps you could speak to the CNS at the Vic(you will know her name) and see if she can speed it up.

Maybe I’ve met you at Maggies centre at the Vic? If not, you might like to think about attending the Mens Cancer Support Group on Fridays at 10am. The staff there are fantastic and you will find many men with PCa who have had, or are having different treatments. They can give you a lot of help and support in making your decision.

All the best whatever you decide,

Derek

User
Posted 01 Mar 2023 at 15:29

Hi Fifefella

My stats are similar to yours, maybe a little worse and I have been waiting for treatment after having the scans and biopsy since last June. As Derek has suggested, get along to Maggie's. I went for the first time on Monday and also had a Teams meeting with another Maggie's a week ago and already feel I have more support than in the last 8 months. Going to the men's support group on Friday where the support worker is going to introduce me to a couple of guys that have had RT and RP.

It's the waiting and not knowing that gets you down. I have kind of tried to go down the road of thinking that maybe I have been waiting because my stats relative to other guys are not too bad but that's starting to wear a bit thin now. Hopefully you'll get some answers sooner rather than later.

Good luck 

Ian

User
Posted 01 Mar 2023 at 17:56

Look forward to meeting you on Friday Ian😊