I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Rising PSA at 5 year point

User
Posted 02 Mar 2023 at 08:09

I had a 5:4 Gleason diagnosis in February 2018 and 20 sessions of EBRT in July.

now my PSA is nudging 2.0 I am awaiting the results of a blood test at the end of March.

I am awaiting the results of a blood test at the end of March.

I had two complete years at undetectable, and then a rise to 0.6 that stayed stable for two years, but now it’s rising by 50% each test

if, as I suspect at the end of this month goes over the trigger point of 2.0 I am wondering what I should expect in the way of treatment from my oncologist?

Alan Bennett 

Edited by member 02 Mar 2023 at 12:35  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Mar 2023 at 08:09

I had a 5:4 Gleason diagnosis in February 2018 and 20 sessions of EBRT in July.

now my PSA is nudging 2.0 I am awaiting the results of a blood test at the end of March.

I am awaiting the results of a blood test at the end of March.

I had two complete years at undetectable, and then a rise to 0.6 that stayed stable for two years, but now it’s rising by 50% each test

if, as I suspect at the end of this month goes over the trigger point of 2.0 I am wondering what I should expect in the way of treatment from my oncologist?

Alan Bennett 

Edited by member 02 Mar 2023 at 12:35  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Mar 2023 at 13:48
Nice to see you back except for the circumstances. I would suspect you will get a PSMA scan , a CT and a bone scan. They will search and try to find the intruders. Treatment will go from there. Could be HT for life , or zap a single tumour etc. Good luck 🤞
User
Posted 02 Mar 2023 at 13:57

Alan, I had 5 SABR sessions in August last year following a recurrence after salvage RT, a few years back I would have probably gone onto HT for life.

Thanks Chris 

Edited by member 02 Mar 2023 at 13:57  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Mar 2023 at 14:14

Agree with Chris - you should push for a PSMA PET scan to try and find where it is.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Mar 2023 at 13:48
Nice to see you back except for the circumstances. I would suspect you will get a PSMA scan , a CT and a bone scan. They will search and try to find the intruders. Treatment will go from there. Could be HT for life , or zap a single tumour etc. Good luck 🤞
User
Posted 02 Mar 2023 at 13:57

Alan, I had 5 SABR sessions in August last year following a recurrence after salvage RT, a few years back I would have probably gone onto HT for life.

Thanks Chris 

Edited by member 02 Mar 2023 at 13:57  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Mar 2023 at 14:14

Agree with Chris - you should push for a PSMA PET scan to try and find where it is.