I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

An Englishman in France

User
Posted 17 Mar 2023 at 10:49

Wow since my last post so much has happened.

I had all the tests and was indeed diagnosed prostate cancer, as I live in France I was quite scared and that’s why I joined this group.

I was told the best treatment for me was removal of the prostate and nearby lymph nodes, I was given a surgery date of February 9th.

On January 17th I went back to the UK to watch Man City, I still have a season ticket and attend most home games. On 19th January I began to feel ill with stomach pains, my mum in law called 111 and they diagnosed appendicitis so sent an ambulance. I was taken to hospital in Wigan and it was found my appendix had burst so it was emergency surgery for me but not straight forward as the appendix had stuck itself to my stomach, this meant instead of planned keyhole I had to be cut open.

I was in hospital for 5 days but was allowed to return to France 10 days after surgery, my staples were removed in France.

My prostate surgery was then put back until 13th March which was a worry because I didn’t know if it was going to spread, an added worry was that the surgeon said he may not be able to remove it due to the appendectomy as that too may well now be stuck but he wouldn’t know until he had opened me up, if this was the case I would have to wait 3 months then begin radiation, the 3 month wait was because the surgery site would have to be fully healed.

Thankfully the surgery went to plan and I’m now in hospital recovering, I will be in 7-10 days, I spent 3 days in icu and won’t be allowed home until my catheter has been removed.

It’s been a worrying time but now I can begin to look forward, I know the consequences of the surgery but I shall be in good hands and I’ll work through this.

User
Posted 17 Mar 2023 at 12:32

If that was the man city, spurs game. I'm surprised you didn't have a heart attack.

Dave

User
Posted 17 Mar 2023 at 14:12

It was indeed but I was out of it so didn’t know til I woke up