I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Aching Joints on HT

User
Posted 21 Mar 2023 at 22:56

Since my 3rd Prostap injection my joints are stiff and ache. It’s my lower back hips and thighs, knees  are fine.

I’m  doing a lot of walking, cycling and resistance exercises as well as attending the gym…don’t know what else I can do to keep my muscles in shape.

Has anyone found anything that can help…..

User
Posted 22 Mar 2023 at 01:38
Swimming is supposed to be really good while on HT
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 22 Mar 2023 at 07:37
I walk 40 mins per day and am a busy person on my feet generally with hobbies etc. But yes all my muscles are weaker after 2 yrs of HT. Especially my thighs for some reason which leaves my mobility quite poor with 2 osteoarthritic knees. I’ve started seated Pilates twice a week and it does seem to help with strength and mobilising parts of the body I’d forgotten about altogether. Best wishes
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 22 Mar 2023 at 01:38
Swimming is supposed to be really good while on HT
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 22 Mar 2023 at 07:37
I walk 40 mins per day and am a busy person on my feet generally with hobbies etc. But yes all my muscles are weaker after 2 yrs of HT. Especially my thighs for some reason which leaves my mobility quite poor with 2 osteoarthritic knees. I’ve started seated Pilates twice a week and it does seem to help with strength and mobilising parts of the body I’d forgotten about altogether. Best wishes
User
Posted 22 Mar 2023 at 08:07

Joint pain (particularly hips, but can be other joints too) often happens when people start HT, but then tends to go away.

Swimming is good for muscles and somewhat protective of over-stressing them, but like cycling, it does nothing for bone strength, and both these are important on HT. I guess swimming might be useful for joints. Walking (at a level fast enough to be slightly out of breath - can still talk, but not sing) or jogging are good for both muscles and bone health.

User
Posted 22 Mar 2023 at 09:59
PCUK research indicated that swimming helps HT related fatigue, which may present as aching muscles / heavy limbs