Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Enzalutamide and Talazoparib Phase 3 trial

User
Posted 23 Mar 2023 at 07:24

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2023/03/230316212552.htm

Promising results from this Phase 3 trial for a new drug combination therapy for metastatic prostate cancer.

User
Posted 06 Apr 2023 at 10:58

More good news today for the Incurables!!

Olaparib, previously unavailable in England and Wales on the NHS will now be offered to men with metastatic prostate cancer, who are hormone resistant, already on Enza or arbiterone.

NICE has done a deal with AstraZeneca on price and it will now be available, based on having the BRCHa gene mutation (or not), which is about a 47% chance I think I read.

I no longer need to consider going to live in Scotland in my dying days, hurrah

NHS in England to offer pioneering cancer drug to patients with ‘Jolie gene’ | Cancer | The Guardian 

User
Posted 23 Mar 2023 at 20:27

Thanks Jellies. 

That trial does sound promising, and as both drugs are already in use, hopefully they will be approved without delay in the U.S. (and then in the U.K.)

JedSee

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 09:25

Here's the link to the official Pzifer explanation.

Phase 1,2 & 3 all successful and FDA has granted permission for an expedited decision in 2023.

Sounds very positive for us "Incurables" to add into a treatment plan and gain a few more years - at least that's what I hope!

Johnson & Johnson and GlaxoSmithKlein also have successful phase 3 trials and FDA requests in place, although Pfizer appears to be have been the most successful.

Pfizer Announces Positive Topline Results from Phase 3 TALAPRO-2 Trial | Pfizer

User
Posted 13 Apr 2023 at 10:37

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
it will now be available, based on having the BRCHa gene mutation (or not), which is about a 47% chance I think I read.

About 10% of prostate cancers are thought to be genetic and BRCA1/2 account for around 5% of cases. Did you perhaps read 4-7%? Some groups are more likely to have a genetic PCa, including Ashkenazi Jews.

I'm a half Irish, Scouser, does that count?

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 23 Mar 2023 at 20:27

Thanks Jellies. 

That trial does sound promising, and as both drugs are already in use, hopefully they will be approved without delay in the U.S. (and then in the U.K.)

JedSee

User
Posted 23 Mar 2023 at 20:59

It said hopefully for approval by the FDA in 2023.

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 09:25

Here's the link to the official Pzifer explanation.

Phase 1,2 & 3 all successful and FDA has granted permission for an expedited decision in 2023.

Sounds very positive for us "Incurables" to add into a treatment plan and gain a few more years - at least that's what I hope!

Johnson & Johnson and GlaxoSmithKlein also have successful phase 3 trials and FDA requests in place, although Pfizer appears to be have been the most successful.

Pfizer Announces Positive Topline Results from Phase 3 TALAPRO-2 Trial | Pfizer

User
Posted 06 Apr 2023 at 10:58

More good news today for the Incurables!!

Olaparib, previously unavailable in England and Wales on the NHS will now be offered to men with metastatic prostate cancer, who are hormone resistant, already on Enza or arbiterone.

NICE has done a deal with AstraZeneca on price and it will now be available, based on having the BRCHa gene mutation (or not), which is about a 47% chance I think I read.

I no longer need to consider going to live in Scotland in my dying days, hurrah

NHS in England to offer pioneering cancer drug to patients with ‘Jolie gene’ | Cancer | The Guardian 

User
Posted 06 Apr 2023 at 15:46

Hi

Yes has read of this one it sounds promising.

Regards phil

User
Posted 06 Apr 2023 at 20:46
it will now be available, based on having the BRCHa gene mutation (or not), which is about a 47% chance I think I read.

About 10% of prostate cancers are thought to be genetic and BRCA1/2 account for around 5% of cases. Did you perhaps read 4-7%? Some groups are more likely to have a genetic PCa, including Ashkenazi Jews.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Apr 2023 at 10:37

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I'm a half Irish, Scouser, does that count?