I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Zoledronic acid infusion

User
Posted 26 Mar 2023 at 11:11

hi,I am due to go for a zoledronic acid infusion on the 25th April for severe osteoporosis-2.5 and -4.1at the lumbar spine, trying to find the best way to prepare for it,I have been reading horror stories and I am close to cancel it,it's rated 4 out of 10 that's not good, I have also just received my 6 monthly psa check 0.03 so that's good must be my daily walk. 

User
Posted 26 Mar 2023 at 13:19
You need to treat the osteoporosis Radar, just make sure your medical team have considered all the options and effectively monitor you while you are being treated.
User
Posted 27 Mar 2023 at 17:19

Francisco thanks I thought there would have been someone who  has had zoledronic acid infusion. 

User
Posted 27 Mar 2023 at 21:52

Hi there

I had my first infusion of Zoledronic Acid (for preventative purposes) in September and am having my second (6 monthly) in a couple of weeks. I felt fine afterwards. Good luck.

User
Posted 27 Mar 2023 at 23:43

I have been having them every 28 days for nearly 16 months. Key is to drink lots of water the day on infusion and have paracetamol every 4 hours beforehand and day after. The infusion is administered over 10 mins with a 10 min flush afterwards. After my first treatment I suffered with bad bone pain and flu like symptoms, spoke with clatterbridge who told me to have infusion over longer period, slower it enters your system less side effects. I had it 28 days later over 30 mins with 10 min flush and was much much better. Then time has come down as my body has adjusted, I had my last last Thursday 15 min infusion 10 min flush. Take care and good luck x

"38 year old diagnosed in March 2021 with stage 4 metastatic PC. My story so far is on my profile"

User
Posted 29 Mar 2023 at 22:18

thankyou guys.

User
Posted 29 Mar 2023 at 23:42
What do you mean when you say "It's rated 4 out of 10"? Rated by whom and for what?

Cheers,

Chris
User
Posted 30 Mar 2023 at 20:13

patients reviews on Google