Show search

Notification

Error

Is this a new ED treatment??

User
Posted 01 Apr 2023 at 07:40

Just spotted this:

https://www.eroxon.com/

Is it new? Web site doesn't say what it's mode of action is?

Sounds like it could be useful to a few members (no pun!) on here..

User
Posted 01 Apr 2023 at 07:40

Just spotted this:

https://www.eroxon.com/

Is it new? Web site doesn't say what it's mode of action is?

Sounds like it could be useful to a few members (no pun!) on here..

User
Posted 01 Apr 2023 at 10:59

A quick search reveals it's Glyceryl Trinitrate (GTN for short). Many men who use GTN spray for angina have found that spraying it on the penis helps with erections, as it opens up blood vessels same as the ED drugs do (and that's how it helps the heart muscle too). Given these men are not allowed to have PDE5 inhibitors, it's handy that they have an alternative. Obviously, GTN spray is not licenced or tested for such use though - no idea what side effects it might have used on that area, or when transferred to a partner, but a significant drop in blood pressure might be a possibility, as might local irritation or long term effects.

Edited by member 01 Apr 2023 at 11:01  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 01 Apr 2023 at 10:59

A quick search reveals it's Glyceryl Trinitrate (GTN for short). Many men who use GTN spray for angina have found that spraying it on the penis helps with erections, as it opens up blood vessels same as the ED drugs do (and that's how it helps the heart muscle too). Given these men are not allowed to have PDE5 inhibitors, it's handy that they have an alternative. Obviously, GTN spray is not licenced or tested for such use though - no idea what side effects it might have used on that area, or when transferred to a partner, but a significant drop in blood pressure might be a possibility, as might local irritation or long term effects.

Edited by member 01 Apr 2023 at 11:01  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Apr 2023 at 22:11
There’s been a lot of talk about this in the press and on TV this week. Available in Boots without prescription but not cheap.
User
Posted 21 Apr 2023 at 22:35
If you go to the proper website, there is a full description of the gel and how it works. It has no active ingredients and is therefore not counted as a medication - the gel makes the penis cold and then warm, encouraging blood flow. From what I have read from the makers, this might be helpful for those men who can get some erection and need a boost - e.g. those of you who use a durex ring might do well with this. With no active drug in it, I can't see that it is going to help those of you who have moderate or severe ED - those who use injections, for example.

However, I have checked out stockists in our area and will probably buy some for J to try.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 Apr 2023 at 22:44

So if you search, it had Glyceryl Trinitrate (GTN) in it during trials, but that seems to have been removed for release in UK and EU.

That means it could only work if you have nerves.

User
Posted 21 Apr 2023 at 23:48
Just getting the ice cubes out of the freezer, will let you know how I get on!
User
Posted 22 Apr 2023 at 00:40
Yeah but where are you going to get a blowtorch at this time of night?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 22 Apr 2023 at 09:41
Tried Tiger Balm after the ice cubes, consultant thinks there is no permanent damage.
User
Posted 23 Apr 2023 at 13:14

Lyn

Lyn

I advise great caution in recommending this product! I use it very occasionally when I am eating certain foods, like rice, I start hiccuping uncontrollably and I have been prescribed it to spray under my tongue - I stop hiccuping within seconds. Once I used three puffs instead of recommended a single one. I started feeing extremely dizzy and just managed to to go up to our bedroom where my wife experienced my collapsing on the floor! My guess is that to create a significant erection you may have to spray the penis quite liberally but then you may have a great erection but not able to use it! We have a friend who suffers from angina and has been warned not to use more than two puffs. I will stick with my pump!

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate

User
Posted 23 Apr 2023 at 18:24
Pratap, it seems that the active ingredient in the version you spray under your tongue is not included in the version for sale in UK for ED - the ED version has no active ingredients and is not counted as a medicine. My guess is that it is snake oil but it will be interesting to see how people find it!