Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Which implant should I get?

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 12:26

Hi all

I am having an implant om 30 May and have been asked by my consultant which of 3 implants would I like and I was wondering if there is anyone on here who has experience of any of the following:

1) American Medical Systems (AMS)

2) Coloplast

3) Rigicon

They obviously all work in the same way but if anyone ha any advise or experience of any of these it would be great to hear.

Many thanks 

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 22:38
I would ask which one he has had the best results with...

If they are all the same then I would ask which gives the most impressive hard-on!
User
Posted 08 Apr 2023 at 00:05

I have the AMS 700.  Had it 10 months now.  My hospital gave me an appointment to view and handle the various implants so I could decide which one to have.

I went for the AMS 700 because 2 other guys I knew had that one.

User
Posted 08 Apr 2023 at 17:45

Thanks, that's kind of the way I was heading as been the most tried and tested. is there anything unexpected that you wish you had know before the operation. Having had a rapid prostatectomy 2 years ago I have learnt several things that I perhaps wasn't made aware of before the operation.

User
Posted 09 Apr 2023 at 02:12
Yes have you really exhausted all the other options? At 2 years I couldn't get it up without injections or a pump. At 8 years and a lot of practice it's all working fine...
User
Posted 12 Apr 2023 at 15:25

There are 3 main things I dislike. 

Firstly, the bit of the device that is placed between your two testicles is rather heavy.  I just really dislike it.

Secondly, my penis looks natural enough but it doesn't feel it.  Even when flaccid, it still feels partially erect.

Thirdly, I'm not as sensitive. 

I do have erections on demand, however.

If there was a different solution, I would have explored it.  You can tell I have mixed feelings about the implant.

Before my surgery, I spoke to men who had the AMS 700 and felt that it had restored their sex life and were more than happy with it.

User
Posted 18 Apr 2023 at 17:20

Hi Ulsterman, could we perhaps have a 1-1 chat around this subject? its not something I want to take lightly and it would be really useful to discuss with someone who has had the implant done. Thanks in advance 

User
Posted 20 Apr 2023 at 22:02

I have sent you a private message 

User
Posted 21 Apr 2023 at 22:35

Thanks for your honesty. For me the relationship with my wife was probably changing anyway and sex was a fairly rate occurrence. We miss the physicality of sex  but is it really going to be worth having an implant. I am 2 years post operation and will be at least another 12-18 months for an NHS operation. Private is £16k. I thought an implant would be the cure but starting to have doubts. If you had your time again would you still have it? 

User
Posted 21 Apr 2023 at 22:38
Have you tried Caverject and Invicorp - some men find one works better than the other. And have you had no success with the vacuum pump?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard