I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Swimming trunks for Urinary Incontinence?

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 13:09

Good day to all.

I’m 5 weeks post RALP and am keen to return to the pool for some gentle swimming. Inevitably, I’m still leaking (but not gushing) and I wondered if any forum users knew of swimming trunks that can handle UI? A Google search only shows choices that deal with faecal incontinence - which I’m  pleased to say isn’t my problem!! No nerves could be spared during my surgery so the UI might be a longer term problem than usual, so I’m very keen to find an answer rather than just wait for dry times… 

thanks in advance for any help. 

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 19:13

If it's for short, infrequent periods the only thing I can think of is a penile clamp but I doubt whether your urologist would allow one so soon after surgery, if at all. Worth an ask. I'm not sure what the lunchbox effect would look like in your speedos.

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 20:29
There are a number of brands - look at Incy Wincy, Dorset nursing supplies or Fledglings.org.uk
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 20:35

Thank you Chris  - I’ll be steering clear of the clamps for the time being …. 
Nick

Edited by member 05 Apr 2023 at 20:36  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 20:37

Thanks Lynn - I’ll look again at their websites but didn’t see anything for UI swimmers when I first checked.

Nick

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 23:19
All of the companies I quoted sell trunks that are suitable for both urinary and faecal incontinence.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard