Show search

Notification

Error

Lon slow path to Recurrence?

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 14:53

Wise ones...

After RP in 2018, Gleason 3+4, PSA was undetectable

Until 2019, and has risen slowly slowly catches monkey from 0.03 to 0.08 today- so 4 yearsi know it is slow, but it has doubled, and seems to be heading in the dreaded upward

Should I be concerned?

Enough to seek early scans?

Or should I wait and see?

I know this forum has some extremely experienced and knowledgeable folk, and I would be grateful for any insights

Happy Easter btw

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 22:22
Read my profile similar timescales and climb rate.. For the first time in 7 years my PSA has reduced for nearly a year after peaking at 0.100.

Scans probably not worth it until 0.2 but make sure you are being seen by an oncologist, a urologist is no use to you now.

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 23:11
I think it is still too early to be doing anything - wait and see what the next PSA is in 3 months' time. If it goes above 0.1 at next test, ask for a referral to oncology.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 06 Apr 2023 at 09:08

Who's doing the PSA tests?

If your hospital isn't aware of the rise, I would certainly make them aware. You could perhaps send an email to the CNS, listing all your PSA test results with dates. Some hospitals act earlier than the 3 consecutive rises above 0.1 or hitting 0.2. Sometimes this depends on other things such as your original diagnosis and histology.