I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

What side effects are due to what problems

User
Posted 06 Apr 2023 at 09:48

I just opted for my first 3 month Zoladex after 6 months of monthly. The problem  is for the first time it bled and I have a largish bruise 6 days later and still a bit painful.I do have some fat around my stomach but I am only 54 kilos and BMI 20 as I had polio so already have a lot of muscle loss and fatigue leaving aside the treatments for my PCa.

The problem is I also started Alendronate 5 weeks ago. I am feeling more achy, more loose stool and a bit more wired ! The problem is what side effect is due to what! So is it that the Zoladex is in the wrong place maybe near or punctured a blood vessel and is releasing more faster ? Or the weekly osteoporosis alendronate causing side effects or just gradual impact of treatment on my already low muscle strength and quantity. I did wonder if the 12 week implant had a bit of a bigger surge early on. 

Should I get GP to check the implant - or am I worrying too much and just wait a week more to see if it improves - what’s due to what is SO difficult. 

User
Posted 06 Apr 2023 at 11:07

I was on three month zoladex for two years. It never bled more than a tiny spot on the cotton wool. I think the instruction leaflet says if blood enters the syringe discard it and start with a new syringe. Also I never had a bruise.

I think you should get someone to check the zoladex injection site.

I don't know if it would release faster or slower if not in the right place. I doubt it would cause any side effects of it were under or overdosing.

I know nothing about alendronate, so can't comment on side effects.

Dave