Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Article on latest in Prostate Cancer Diagnosis & Treatment

User
User
Posted 06 Apr 2023 at 18:30
Found this a little disappointing tbh. It just states treatments we have had for quite some time although Lutetium is comparatively new. As far as I could see there was no mention of High Dose Brachytherapy, or several other forms of Focal Therapy, such as FLA, or Irreversible Electroporation, Tulsa Pro or Hadron Therapy. There is mention of a trial comparing an aspect of surgery with radiation which confirmed already held views. The reference to HIFU being restricted to trials in the UK is behind time although it is correct that there are not yet many places offering it, particularly on the NHS. It really is more about what most treatments are rather than how they are applied personally as from the title I expected them to be.
Barry
User
Posted 06 Apr 2023 at 20:39
It is just a (not very thorough) literature review; the author is in the second year of her medical degree
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 11 Apr 2023 at 14:25

Have passed on your comments to the author who agrees and will be updating her article :)