I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Been called into outpatients after pre operation assessment

User
Posted 11 Apr 2023 at 21:42

Hi all had my pre operation assessment two weeks ago and was told I'd get a call for the date of my op. Had a call today asking me to attend an outpatients appointment  am a bit worried that they may now not carry out the operation   Has anyone else had a similar experience thanks or am I over thinking things

User
Posted 11 Apr 2023 at 22:36
Is it a urology clinic or something else like cardiology?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 12 Apr 2023 at 00:15

It's a urology clinic 

User
Posted 12 Apr 2023 at 13:16
I had something similar when the Anesthetist was concerned about my ECG and I had to wear a monitor for 48 hours. On another occasion my GP's surgery only did a urine 'Dip Test' rather than a 'Culture' one which also served to postphone my operation. On a third occasion they were not happy with the blood oxyen level probably because I was breathing very shallowly at the time. I got my GP to put that clothes peg like thing on my finger having just previously taken in some deep gulps of air and then it was OK So there are 3 reasons for further checks and delay and there will doubtless be others, not all of which may delay your operation. Not a lot of point speculating or worrying. It could be something quite simple. You will just have to attend the appointment.
Barry
User
Posted 12 Apr 2023 at 13:23

Hi Barry thank you for your explanation  I'll just have to wait and see I had a heart attack 3 years ago and have had stents fitted they said that wasn't a problem. It may be my blood pressure as it was a tad high but i did explain I get white coat syndrome  and it's normally lower   The daft thing is they told me id have to stop taking one of my blood pressure tablets two days before the op lol