Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Degarelix Injections - Need Advice

User
Posted 13 Apr 2023 at 17:34

Hi there

Is anyone receiving monthly injections and suffering from injection site reaction?

Thanks

User
Posted 13 Apr 2023 at 18:48
I cannot comment on monthly injections but my 3 monthly prostap injections are causing tenderness and a rash for a few days.
User
Posted 13 Apr 2023 at 19:01

This is very common with Degarelix - it has the worse injection site issues of all the injections.

Ask if an antihistamine might help - I think I've heard of people using it for this problem.

Do you know why he's on Degarelix versus one of the other injections? It might be because he's at significant risk of cardio issues.

User
Posted 13 Apr 2023 at 20:27

Thanks Andy, that's really helpful. My father is T4, spread to lymph nodes and was diagnosed with heart disease at the same time so that makes sense. He suffers for over 10 days everytime he has his injection, so will try antihistamines 

User
Posted 13 Apr 2023 at 22:13

Check it's OK with his GP first, in case there's a conflict with any other medications or conditions.

User
Posted 14 Apr 2023 at 20:35

Hi my partner has been on Degarelix for nearly 3 and half years and does get bad injection site reaction .

I did some research and told him to tell the nurse to rotate  using the four quadrants of the abdomen to allow time for the injection sites to recover .The lower quadrants flare up more severely than the upper quadrants.

Having said this injection is really doing a good job at keeping psa down to undetectable from 667 .Had chemo and radiotherapy 2020.

Kind Regards

Carolyn