Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

gold seed implants

User
Posted 15 Apr 2023 at 09:01

hi all,

I had the fiducial markers inserted into my prostate yesterday.

Does anyone know when it is safe to cycle/exercise after this procdure as I forgot to ask at the hospital.

Cheers, Aldo

User
Posted 16 Apr 2023 at 10:12

Aldo, no experience of fidical makers, looks like your post got lost. I am sure someone with experience or knowledge will know the answer.

Thanks Chris 

Edited by member 16 Apr 2023 at 10:15  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 Apr 2023 at 12:27
thanks anyway, Aldo
User
Posted 16 Apr 2023 at 12:49

I had gold seeds inserted and told it was ok to exercise including cycling. I would maybe give it 2 or 3 days just to make sure and if you don’t have any discomfort go for it. It’s not nearly so traumatic as the biopsies and I was told after that to give it 2 or 3 days. If you’re unsure just give Urology (do you have a CNS?) a call and they will keep you right.

obviously treatment is starting soon…. You’ll be having a CT Planning scan next and then RT. I’ve just finished my first week RT and so far all good but I know after 10 days things can start to get a bit more problematic.

I’m away out in my ebike this afternoon as given the AllClear for doing this during treatment😊

Good Luck!

User
Posted 16 Apr 2023 at 13:25
Thanks for the reply. I thought it would be ok after 2/3 days but wanted to be sure .

Keen to keep my fitness up before RT starts.

Cheers, Aldo

User
Posted 16 Apr 2023 at 17:18
Good idea Aldo about the fitness. I’m keeping as fit and active as possible before and now during RT in the hope that it helps with the RT fatigue.