Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Surgery getting closer

User
Posted 20 Apr 2023 at 21:38

Hi guys

I was diagnosed a couple of months ago, and have decided on surgery as my treatment, in fact my surgery is this coming Tuesday 25th april... So I'm getting a little nervous... Last time I had a hospital stay was when I was 12 years old in the 1970s !!! And the nurses still wore 'Carry on Doctor' style uniforms.

My diagnosis was a bit of a shock to be honest I have no symptoms, I only went for a PSA test as I saw a sign for a testing session organised by the local 'Lions' charity organisation... Probably a good call!!

User
Posted 20 Apr 2023 at 22:31
Have you seen the other threads here with lists of things to buy / arrange before you go into hospital?

And has anyone told you to apply for free prescriptions? You can get the form from any pharmacy, fill it in and ask your surgeon or GP to complete the health professional bit.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 20 Apr 2023 at 23:12
Many thanks ... No-one mentioned prescripu
User
Posted 21 Apr 2023 at 08:32
Good luck with the surgery Garry, I think this diagnosis catches us all totally off-guard! Sure as anything snaps into focus all the important things in your life and all the other worries you had before go out of the window!! Be strong and you will make it through this fine! Sending best wishes and positive thoughts. David
User
Posted 21 Apr 2023 at 12:33

You haven’t given us much information about yourself or your diagnosis Gary but good luck with your surgery.

And remember, if you live in Scotland all your prescriptions are automatically free😊