I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Silodyx

User
Posted 21 Apr 2023 at 12:32

Hi Everyone,   My urologist here in South Africa, recommends silodyx to improve urine flow with my enlarged prostate.  He recommends this over other medication as I am now at a fairly advanced age .  Have others on here used silodyx with good results ?

cheers Keith 

User
Posted 21 Apr 2023 at 16:08
It appears to generally be prescribed when Tamsulosin has proved ineffective. Have you tried Tamsulosin?

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 21 Apr 2023 at 16:12

Thanks Chris,   My urologist thinks Tamsulosin is better for younger men but it can be a problem for those over 70 as there is a risk of fainting etc in older men 

User
Posted 21 Apr 2023 at 16:58
Yes, one of its side-effects is to reduce blood pressure, which was beneficial in my case.

Chris

User
Posted 21 Apr 2023 at 19:14
I know when I tried Tamsulosiin, I had to stop taking it as it made me feel dizzy and light headed and didn’t help with the symptoms.
User
Posted 21 Apr 2023 at 19:37
Interesting. I have been taking Tamsulosin for over 25 years without side effects. However, I do tire premature now, rather like when I was on Zoladex back in 2007/8 but perhaps due to my age .......86. Still in the light of what has been said about potential effects of Tamsulosin, I will ask my GP about switching to Silodyk.

In any event, thank you for posting, it can be helpful for some to learn of alternative medication that possibly some GPs are not even aware of.

Barry
User
Posted 22 Apr 2023 at 08:49

Thanks for feedback everyone.  Will be starting with a daily dose of 8mg Silodyx and will let you know how I get on.  My urologist advises it could take up to 8 weeks before there is significant benefits .   Cheers Keith 

User
Posted 06 Apr 2024 at 13:33

How did you get on, as I am just starting on Silodyx