I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Just thanks for Information

User
Posted 23 Apr 2023 at 04:04

Fred from USA Cold Chicago area, we have winter one day summer next :-).

Like this site if OK for me to stay on as great knowledge, as well as, people sharing how they honestly feel...

Diagnosed BPH 2 years ago and this past year pain all around prostrate area, so Urology now has me on DOXAZOSIN MESYLATE 4MG (was at 8MG but could not handle it... always tired) as FLOMAX was too much. DOXAZOSIN has me tired but has symptoms checked.

PSA jumped from 4.1 to 6.1 in a year and 1/2 and I was concerned but Primary stipulated new PSA for 70 yrs old is 6.0 and not too worry.... :-( .... but they let me see Urology again at V.A. who I respect and he thought same thing and said that free psa was 23.3% and that chance of finding a lesion was only 12.5% and asked what I wanted to do..... He allowed the MRI with PIRADS scoring.

I thought will be good news from MRI but he said ... hard to believe but....they found 3 lesions (2 where PIRADS 3 and 1 PIRADS 4) but said everything contained No evidence extracapsular extension, seminal vesicle involvement or metastatic disease.

Waited 3 weeks for Biopsy April 17th : which was not all that fun for me as bled rectally and of course urinary but better now and rectal except for if I ejaculate it is gross (red). But was OK.

Glad I did not wait a year till next Physical....... to do this....

Will have results this coming week and actually don't care... may be giving up as wife passed 10 years ago at age 48 from bladder cancer and we where close. Go to a better place in next life.... too much time to think. Retired Software Engineer (Think too much) but Teach part time to pass time plus I like it...but took leave of absence. 

Told my friends as, originally did not want to, and they want me to stick around...just in a mood. Still exercise daily....

So, thanks for everyone with the great Advise, Knowledge and being honest on how they are doing..

Sorry.. this was a lot longer than I thought.... Bless everyone.

User
Posted 23 Apr 2023 at 11:10

I'm glad you're here, sorry your wife died. The diagnosis process seems to be working well for you in the USA. You are right not to be too concerned with the biopsy results, they will be what they will be. If you need treatment face that bridge when you get there.

Dave

User
Posted 26 Apr 2023 at 17:59

Thanks for input &help on this and still waiting but OK... hope that all is going well for you and family. Have been reading some of your posts Dave... Later.... Fred

User
Posted 04 May 2023 at 10:24

Well googling the words in your post. It is basically cells which aren't cancer but are a bit dodgy looking. I think this video addresses where you are.

https://youtu.be/yNzQ_sLGIuA

Every man will develop prostate cancer eventually, unless you get run over by a bus. The real question is how long can you avoid treating it.

Dave

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 23 Apr 2023 at 11:10

I'm glad you're here, sorry your wife died. The diagnosis process seems to be working well for you in the USA. You are right not to be too concerned with the biopsy results, they will be what they will be. If you need treatment face that bridge when you get there.

Dave

User
Posted 26 Apr 2023 at 17:59

Thanks for input &help on this and still waiting but OK... hope that all is going well for you and family. Have been reading some of your posts Dave... Later.... Fred

User
Posted 01 May 2023 at 02:55

Just got word that PIRADS 3 and 4 lesions where benign but have  High Grade HGPIN Prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia in Right Mid Prostrate .... whatever that means from report... DR said negative on phone...or resident DR did... I asked my NP that I trust and said BPH but then when report came ... I saw everything Benign prostatic tissue except that region....

Any thoughts on this.......................

Thanks Fred

User
Posted 04 May 2023 at 10:24

Well googling the words in your post. It is basically cells which aren't cancer but are a bit dodgy looking. I think this video addresses where you are.

https://youtu.be/yNzQ_sLGIuA

Every man will develop prostate cancer eventually, unless you get run over by a bus. The real question is how long can you avoid treating it.

Dave