I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Allister ( Alathays )

User
Posted 23 Apr 2023 at 10:12

Allister ( Alathays) Unbelievably 7 years ago today - RIP.

Many thanks for your kindness, wisdom and strength . You remain an inspiration.

User
Posted 24 Apr 2023 at 01:50
In many ways, it seems so much longer than 7 years since he last made some arsey comment about newbies, complained about the workings of the 'new' forum or tormented us all with details of his next cruise. On the other hand, it seems only a blink of an eye since we were all reassuring each other that the fat lady was still locked in the cellar and the next trial drug was going to the miracle he (and others to come after him) needed.

I miss you, my friend x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 23 Apr 2023 at 10:12

Allister ( Alathays) Unbelievably 7 years ago today - RIP.

Many thanks for your kindness, wisdom and strength . You remain an inspiration.

User
Posted 24 Apr 2023 at 15:18
Like Rob, Allister was the go to guy for the latest developments on many new treatments coming along, much in the way that Rob kept us appraised of all things dietary and supplements.

Both sadly missed on the forum and had the annual gathering at the Mill still been going, I'm sure that those of us who attended would still be raising a glass to their memory.

Rest easy guys.

Roger
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 24 Apr 2023 at 01:50
In many ways, it seems so much longer than 7 years since he last made some arsey comment about newbies, complained about the workings of the 'new' forum or tormented us all with details of his next cruise. On the other hand, it seems only a blink of an eye since we were all reassuring each other that the fat lady was still locked in the cellar and the next trial drug was going to the miracle he (and others to come after him) needed.

I miss you, my friend x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 24 Apr 2023 at 15:18
Like Rob, Allister was the go to guy for the latest developments on many new treatments coming along, much in the way that Rob kept us appraised of all things dietary and supplements.

Both sadly missed on the forum and had the annual gathering at the Mill still been going, I'm sure that those of us who attended would still be raising a glass to their memory.

Rest easy guys.

Roger
User
Posted 24 Apr 2023 at 16:00

There were some great personalities around the time of these two members but these two were probably the most prominent.. As well as his research, Allister raised many thousands of pounds for this Charity and was one of the comparatively small number of men that still had the inclination and drive to fully enjoy his sex life despite being on HT among other things. Rob was particularly helpful and a great researcher. I was privileged to have met both of them, including our meeting in Birmingham and thereafter at the Mill in Leicester, as well as other stalwarts, many of whom have sadly succumbed to PCa.

Edited by member 24 Apr 2023 at 16:06  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 24 Apr 2023 at 22:26
I always think of Alistair whenever someone says they are choosing RP ad their treatment option because they can have follow up RT

Bri

User
Posted 25 Apr 2023 at 00:46
Me too, Bri