I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Grant Martin ( Martini)

User
Posted 28 Apr 2023 at 09:03

Another anniversary of a very special man . Grant Martin ( Martini) left us an unbelievable 11 years ago today.

Thank you Grant for your kindness , humanity , strength and advice when I needed it most .

You will never be forgotten. 

User
Posted 28 Apr 2023 at 22:01

Peter, I didn't know the guy, he was quite a while before I joined. Searching for his name brought up alot of names we don't see on here any more.

Long may your own journey continue.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 29 Apr 2023 at 00:23
Martini was a lovely, gentle man - another good'un who died far too young.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Apr 2023 at 01:59
There were others too who contributed and or were an inspiration. Lyn mentioned Andy Ripely in a thread quite recently and there was Old Al and Barry Barrington ((top gun) who gave much of his time and shared his struggle with us to the end, Spursspark? and others. I think the fact that we met these characters made it more like losing family members. I was wondering if anybody had heard anything about George Hardy who used to organise the annual meeting of Bollocks 2 PCa to which many members of this forum used to attend?
Barry
User
Posted 29 Apr 2023 at 10:11
I think George is okay - he commented on something fairly recently
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Apr 2023 at 16:53
Yes, just to confirm I’m in touch by email with George on a fairly regular basis.
User
Posted 29 Apr 2023 at 21:39

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Yes, just to confirm I’m in touch by email with George on a fairly regular basis.

Thank you for confirming.  Please pass on best wishes and say he has had an honourable mention.

Barry
User
Posted 30 Apr 2023 at 08:10
I will do, Barry, maybe he’ll pop-in’ here for an update.

Take care, Janet