Show search

Notification

Error

Chemo round 2 3rd May

User
Posted 02 May 2023 at 22:11

Hi All

Chemo round 2 tomorrow. 

First one was not too bad. All the side effects - bone pain, tiredness, dry / sore mouth, most things taste taste naff, some headache and nausea.

But still better than expected took one day off of work. If effects cumulative may need to take some more time off as the rounds progress. 

My cancer has spread by to the pelvic lymph nodes.. So I've said its local advanced and the aim I presume is for the ADT and chemo to stop any further spread. 

RT is the next step. Any info or thoughts on RT would be gratefully received.

My best wishes to everyone. In

User
Posted 03 May 2023 at 00:21
Unless you have heart problems, it may be helpful to buy fresh pineapple, cut it into chunks and freeze. Sucking on the frozen chunks during infusions can prevent or t least minimise the horrible metallic taste and mouth ulcers. If you have heart problems, sucking ice cubes is an alternative.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 May 2023 at 07:09

As for radiation therapy (RT), it's a common treatment option for local advanced cancer. The goal of RT is to kill cancer cells while minimizing damage to nearby healthy tissue. It's typically administered over several weeks, with each session lasting a few minutes. Some common side Partner Net HEB effects of RT include skin irritation, fatigue, and changes in bowel or bladder function. Your doctor can provide more specific information about what to expect with your particular treatment plan.   

Edited by member 04 May 2023 at 04:56  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 May 2023 at 17:45

Many thanks Lyn. 

Good advice as always. 

MikeG 

User
Posted 03 May 2023 at 17:48

Thank you Leroy. 

I will aim to have the discussion at my next clinical review. 

Hope you are good. 

MikeG 

User
Posted 03 May 2023 at 19:53

I'm on the same regime following pelvic lymph node recurrence after RP.  It is interesting that you also had chemo up front as it seems different oncos have different views on having chemo up front or waiting.  

Finished my chemo about 5 weeks ago.  Am now on the RT stage and have done 10 out of 35 fractions. I was getting stomach cramps but have dialled in my diet a bit and seems to be better now.  I found chemo tiring but doable.  Managed to work through it and took some holidays but was glad when it was all finished.  From sessions 4 onwards it got more tiring.

My hormones regime is 3 years ADT plus Apalutamide as per TITAN trial.  They started the ADT before chemo and the Apalutamide afterwards.  Do you know if you will have additional hormone treatment on top of ADT?

It is a long slog, so hopefully it is all worth it in the end.  Good luck with your treatment 👍

User
Posted 07 May 2023 at 17:04

Side effects today are the worst so far. Hopefully week three will bring some respite again. 

Similar to you Jellies ADT first, Chemo and then RT. But no additional hormone treatment... As yet! 

Hoping to keep working.... May book a few work from home days and annual leave. 

Hope the RT does its job. 

Take care all