I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Have experience of MRI or biopsies in your prostate cancer journey? Our researchers need your help!

User
Posted 17 May 2023 at 12:59

Have you benefitted from MRI in your diagnosis or treatment of prostate cancer? Or have had any complications after a biopsy? Would you be willing to share your experience? Our researchers want to hear from you!

The Opportunity: Dr Veeru Kasivisvanathan, an associate professor of urology and consultant urologist based at University College London and University College London Hospital studies the use of novel imaging techniques to improve the way cancer is diagnosed and treated.  Veeru is looking for people who would be willing to share their experience and be interviewed as part of a UCL media story about his work. You can read more about the Veeru’s work on our website : https://prostatecanceruk.org/research/research-we-fund/tld-pf19-004

Veeru is specifically looking for people who have either :
✅ Benefitted from MRI during diagnosis or treatment

✅ Had complications or a scare with complications after a biopsy

Interested in getting involved? Please contact research@prostatecanceruk.org and the research team will put you in touch directly with Veeru.

Edited by member 17 May 2023 at 21:08  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 17 May 2023 at 20:06
User
Posted 17 May 2023 at 23:14
The exclusions alone in the original link would disqualify almost all members of our forum. Maybe it was to show what else was done and bona fide. Agree with Andy who has found what must have been the intended link.
Barry
User
Posted 18 May 2023 at 00:24

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
The exclusions alone in the original link would disqualify almost all members of our forum. Maybe it was to show what else was done and bona fide. Agree with Andy who has found what must have been the intended link.

They aren't asking for trial volunteers Barry - they are looking for men to be involved in some media work 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 18 May 2023 at 02:18

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

They aren't asking for trial volunteers Barry - they are looking for men to be involved in some media work 

Yes I understand it is retrospectively reporting on the experiences of men Lyn and not looking for men to take part in a trial. However, the link Carol gave originally excludes men who have situations/experiences that are now being sought.  So the link is not relevant but the one Andy gave is. I note Carol has now amended her link to the appropriate one Andy found. 

Edited by member 18 May 2023 at 04:21  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 18 May 2023 at 08:18
👍
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard