I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Holiday Insurance after radical prostatectomy

User
Posted 18 May 2023 at 14:12

My husband had a prostatectomy on the 2nd May and will have his first phone appointment on 17th July  to discuss his PSA level and what was found after they looked at prostate. We have got to pay outstanding balance of a holiday that we are going on in September, on the 6th June. Not sure what to do about insurance, as if we wait until after he has had his phone appointment, we would have paid the holiday off but might not be able to get or afford insurance. Would the insurance company give him cover before he has his first phone appointment?

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks

User
Posted 18 May 2023 at 15:49

Hi Nessylyn

You’re best to phone them and find out. I took out an annual policy with ALLCLEAR before my RT treatment started and answered all the questions honestly. When it came to treatment I answered the question that ‘Treatment was planned but not started yet’. That was fine. As my treatment is now finished, I phoned them yesterday and a very helpful lady guided me through updating my policy to say treatment(other than HT which doesn’t seem to count) was completed….within the last 12 months. No extra premium just a £15 admin fee(which is a ripoff but there you go😊)

I know this is different but the point is they are there to sell you a policy and so are very helpful. A lot of people seems to use insurewith and are happy. You could also just go online and follow the questions and see where it gets you. I did this on several occasions just to see how different conditions affected the premium.

just make sure you declare ALL your medical conditions. I got a copy of my records from my surgery just to ensure I didn’t miss anything out.

Derek

User
Posted 18 May 2023 at 17:28
My Husband who is Metastatic Stage 4, has just this minute got a quote from Insurewith, for both of us, one trip to Europe for 14days for less than £100. (online) after a lot of searching.
User
Posted 18 May 2023 at 18:15

One thing I would add  that that I found was taking out an annual policy wasn’t that much more expensive than a single trip policy!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 18 May 2023 at 15:49

Hi Nessylyn

You’re best to phone them and find out. I took out an annual policy with ALLCLEAR before my RT treatment started and answered all the questions honestly. When it came to treatment I answered the question that ‘Treatment was planned but not started yet’. That was fine. As my treatment is now finished, I phoned them yesterday and a very helpful lady guided me through updating my policy to say treatment(other than HT which doesn’t seem to count) was completed….within the last 12 months. No extra premium just a £15 admin fee(which is a ripoff but there you go😊)

I know this is different but the point is they are there to sell you a policy and so are very helpful. A lot of people seems to use insurewith and are happy. You could also just go online and follow the questions and see where it gets you. I did this on several occasions just to see how different conditions affected the premium.

just make sure you declare ALL your medical conditions. I got a copy of my records from my surgery just to ensure I didn’t miss anything out.

Derek

User
Posted 18 May 2023 at 17:28
My Husband who is Metastatic Stage 4, has just this minute got a quote from Insurewith, for both of us, one trip to Europe for 14days for less than £100. (online) after a lot of searching.
User
Posted 18 May 2023 at 18:15

One thing I would add  that that I found was taking out an annual policy wasn’t that much more expensive than a single trip policy!