I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Day 1 Home from Op

User
Posted 20 May 2023 at 17:02

Hi everyone, I am home after RP and thought I would share my experience.  The surgeon was very happy with the operation and was able to nerve spare the complete right side of my prostate.  No lymph nodes removed and I am feeling quite sore but nevertheless much better in myself, wounds are not weeping.  Looking forward to the next few days.  Concentration is dreadful, took an hour to read an article in the National Geographic on memory which was ironic.  Overall I am very pleased with progress.

User
Posted 20 May 2023 at 17:02

Hi everyone, I am home after RP and thought I would share my experience.  The surgeon was very happy with the operation and was able to nerve spare the complete right side of my prostate.  No lymph nodes removed and I am feeling quite sore but nevertheless much better in myself, wounds are not weeping.  Looking forward to the next few days.  Concentration is dreadful, took an hour to read an article in the National Geographic on memory which was ironic.  Overall I am very pleased with progress.

User
Posted 22 May 2023 at 14:07

Welcome to the club - I had mine on 11th May and am recovering ok. Main issues were post op shoulder pain that has now thankfully gone (it was awful) and a slight incontinence when I stand up - only a drip or two. Flow rate post catheter removal was excellent but has slowed to slightly less than I normally had - I'm guessing that is all part of the healing process of the urethra. I seem to have some control over starting peeing which is promising. Pain in the rear end coincides with needing a #2 but the movements are ok and regular. Drinking the required 2 litres of water/fluids a day is hard work as I have never been a big water drinker, but we do what we have to.
Managing to walk daily - either around the supermarket or up the road with the dog.

So it's going to take a while but it will be interesting to compare notes as we are both at the same stage :)

Edited by member 22 May 2023 at 14:08  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 May 2023 at 19:58

Hi 10kvClockMan,

Congratulations on joining the prostate-less club.  Hope all continues to go well.

Good luck.

JedSee.

User
Posted 20 May 2023 at 21:14

In the same club. My advice take it easy. You have had major surgery. One day at a time.

User
Posted 22 May 2023 at 14:07

Welcome to the club - I had mine on 11th May and am recovering ok. Main issues were post op shoulder pain that has now thankfully gone (it was awful) and a slight incontinence when I stand up - only a drip or two. Flow rate post catheter removal was excellent but has slowed to slightly less than I normally had - I'm guessing that is all part of the healing process of the urethra. I seem to have some control over starting peeing which is promising. Pain in the rear end coincides with needing a #2 but the movements are ok and regular. Drinking the required 2 litres of water/fluids a day is hard work as I have never been a big water drinker, but we do what we have to.
Managing to walk daily - either around the supermarket or up the road with the dog.

So it's going to take a while but it will be interesting to compare notes as we are both at the same stage :)

Edited by member 22 May 2023 at 14:08  | Reason: Not specified